Estate Argyros was established in 1903 by Georgios Argyros, in a 5 acres vineyard located in Episkopi Gonia Thiras (Santorini). Georgios Argyros made his wines according to the traditional Santorinian way, in order to take advantage of the grapes produced by his own vineyard. The wines produced were sold mainly in the local market. In 1950, Estate Argyros passed to Matthew Argyros, who expanded the vineyard to 15 acres.
The person who changed significantly the image of the winery was the founder’s grandson Yiannis Argyros who runs the winery since 1974. Yiannis Argyros not only has increased the family vineyard to 75 acres but he worked hard to combine the family tradition with modern technology and to ensure the high quality of grapes. The Estate Argyros vineyard is located in Episkopi Gonia Thiras, with altitude of 35-150m, oriented to the east and south-east and the vines are formed in the traditional crown. The performance of the vineyard is about 350-500kg of grapes per 1000 m2 and the harvest lasts from 10 to 25 of August.
Estate Argyros efforts have been acknowledged worldwide, as indicates the award granted by the Wine & Spirits Magazine as one of 100 best wineries in the world for 2005 and 2006.